Thursday, February 2, 2012

Elder King and Clontz- Oklahoma missionaries! :)

One thing I told myself when Kyle left was that I would always always help out any missionary I met. Because I want the same for Kyle. I hope the Members in Mexico take good care of him. Upon arriving here, I had no friends, I didn't know a single person.... and walking into church my first sunday was scary to me. I made it successfully through sacrament unseen. But then it came time to go to Gospel Principals. In Utah, I would go to gospel principals because I learned and understood better in there. And of course, I had been inactive in the church for so long, I hardly knew anything about the church. Well walking into gospel principals here, I started getting questions like "how long have you been interested in the church??" I was like ........ huh?? Then they asked me to stand and intorduce myself. So I stand up not knowing what to say so I was like "Hi. I'm candice. I just moved here from Utah..." before I could even say more they were like Oh! A Utah girl! Then after a few minutes of being confused someone leaned in and was like "this is the investigators class." Oh man. My face went red. I don't know why... but I suddenly felt really out of place. I went on to tell them that I have only been active for a bout a year now... yada yada yada.... and there I was sitting with a bunch of investigators listening to the lesson. By the end I was in tears. I felt the spirit more then I ever had in my whole life in that one class. Right when I went to get up, the two missionaries started asking me questions.. low and behold we were friends with the same people, and they were both from Utah too. That was the day I met Elder Clontz and Elder King. Now let me say this, I promised to help the missionaries.. I didn't promise to build a relationship. In fact, I didn't think you could really ever be friends with missionaries. I always have tried my best to stay distant from any missionary I came in contact with.
Well that week I found myself sitting across the table from them at a ward party laughing and talking like we had been friends for years. That sunday they were sitting at my dinner table, and I was feeding them dinner... and it became a weekly thing. Every night before they left I asked if they needed anything. They learned quick they could even ask for peanut butter M&M's and I would get it to them.  Ha. I frequently found myself on the candy Isle for those two silly boys
I started gettin close to them. I told them EVERYTHING and they always asked me about Kyle. I am pretty sure Elder king has heard it all, he basically knows my life story. :P They like to make fun of me, and do mess with me. Such brats! haha. Needless to say, these boys became some of my best friends here. Now some people, think that it is bad. A girl should NOT be close to a missionary. But I have to say, it is what kept me sane here. And it is what made the trasition with kyle easier. They were there, they shared scripture after scripture.... they understood. And they have built my testimony so much. I will forever be thankful for these two sweet boys who came into my life. I hope I have touched their life as much as they have touched mine.
Elder King got transfered the beginning of December so we said "goodbye" then. Last night I had to say goodby to Elder Clontz. Such a bitter sweet moment.  I hope kyle builds awesome friendships with the people in his mission, just as the two have with me!
See ya later Elders!
Elder Clontz (left) and King

 Thanksgiving. Clontz likes to make fun of me. ha



Saying goodbye to Elder King in December


 I was trying so hard not to cry. Lol



 tonight saying goodbye to Clontz. I cried. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment